BrandFiesta - a Social Web Directory & Blog

Free Advertising , Web Directory, Article Submissions , and Guest Blogging

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Avoid Getting Scammed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:58 am

RLFinNash

How to Avoid Getting Scammed

I have had a few involvements dealing with different people and/or different companies in the area of the con artist. The internet and also your local newspaper is full of scams. People seeking employment from home, online are one of the many targets. This article is what my belief is, from my experience of looking through endless advertisements online, trying to find the correct work from home opportunity. The so called con artists are around every corner that you turn.

The fall for the check scheme is one of the scams that everybody should be aware of. Recently, I was searching on the internet for a work from home job and I ran across a job listing that said apply for a personal assistant, work from home position. So, I e-mailed my resume to the job poster and in a few days, I received an e-mail from, whom I thought, was an honest person. First of all, the job listing was for a personal assistant, work from home job, doing office work. Whoever that had advertised the job listing, even wanted me to research certain office supplies and find the best prices on the supplies that were needed. This con artist was posing as a photographer, who travels around overseas, conducting seminars. What that the con artist was up to was simply this, he wanted me to deposit a bogus check into my checking account and wait for it to clear the bank. Once the check cleared the bank, the con artist then wanted me to keep a good amount of the check and then send the rest of the money to two different people. The amount of money that I was to keep out of the fake check was a total of five hundred dollars. The people that the remaining money was supposed to be transferred to was of course also overseas.

Another scam not to fall for is the money gram, money order scam. The money order scam was another scam that I also ran across in looking for home employment. I responded to an online advertisement pertaining to office work. Whoever that ran the advertisement, within a couple of days responded back with an e-mail and said that they needed somebody to fill out Federal Express labels. The Federal Express envelopes were supposed to have payroll checks in them, which were fifty money orders, each made out for the same amount. Each of the money orders were also marked. This work at home opportunity was to simply fill out the Federal Express labels and insert one of the money orders into an envelope. Each Federal Express label was to have a different customers name on it and also a different account number for each of the labels. This opportunity promised to pay a total amount of one hundred dollars per week, through a money gram.

The best thing to do, (if you are ever involved in any type of situation dealing with fraud and con artists), is to turn whoever that is in question, into the proper authorities. You can also go to the Department of Fraud online to report con artists of all types and of all fashions. Reporting con artists to your local authorities would also be highly recommended. Each State has a different Department of Fraud, so when searching online for The Department of Fraud, make sure that you are looking for the department in your area. If more citizens would follow through with scams, more and more con artists would get stopped in their tracks.

2 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 am

Uploadin

Excellent guide.
The basic tricks are to deal with trusted and known sites and people, and to be carefull.
Well done for writting this!

3 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:18 am

RLFinNash

Thanks. My article was just my thoughts that I had on what that I went through with in the past couple of weeks. I hope that Moku Yun will like the article as well.

4 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:21 pm

InfoBot

Please refrain from posting duplicate content, even if you are the owner, thanks. ----- http://www.bukisa.com/how-to/avoid-getting-scammed

http://www.brandfiesta.com

5 avoid getting scammed on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

RLFinNash

Ok, I will not post anything elsewhere that I post here. I will go remove my posts from the other website. Thanks.

6 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:42 pm

InfoBot

Its greatly appreciated, and by the way, great write up! Very insightful!

http://www.brandfiesta.com

7 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:50 pm

RLFinNash

Thank you Moku Yun. Here I thought that I had landed myself the perfect work from home job, as being somebody's personal assistant.

8 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

molibwe

Thanks for this information. Internet is full of scams and everyone who wants to make some income online face this problem of running into scams.Online money making opportunity and home based business are most scams and avoiding scams is a really tough stuff to do. You can read my article about scams and the some good ways to find out if a program is a scam or not. Thanks for this article. Hope it will be helpful for other readers like it is for me.http://www.brandfiesta.com/t383-how-to-find-out-a-scam-program

Last edited by molibwe on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brandfiesta article link)

9 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am

RLFinNash

Your very welcome. I am still over being lied to. I cannot stand liers and crooks. Good to see another new member here posting. :)

10 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 am

molibwe

RLFinNash Thank you for welcoming me here.

I hope I can be an active member like you guys in this forum and use it as a learning tool and also share my experiences on this forum. Thanks for the article, and hope it will help other readers as well...

11 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:28 am

RLFinNash

Your very welcome. There are a number of topics here that you can post to, the how-to section, the games section, the music section, and the review section has to be fifty words or more when posting. I hope that you enjoy posting here and stay for a long time. I have never been so pleased with a discussion forum before. Team BrandFiesta's website is just so awesome.

12 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:59 pm

paidtoclickfan

I was an alleged victim of a secret shopping scam. Last week I received a check for over $3000 in the mail and I was to pose as a customer using western union to send money to people outside the United States, I would have used the money from the check that they sent me in the mail. I got these assignments 2 weeks in a row. It made me suspicious that they were giving me these assignments when I did not fill out any form online and I have heard of similar scams involving sending money to people so for the two weeks that I received the checks, I used my mom's paper shredder in her office to shred the checks. The check probably would have bounced after cashed and I would owe my bank all kinds of fees. The person sending the checks was from Canada.

13 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 am

RLFinNash

So sorry to hear about your Secret Shopping experience. The world if full of con artists. It makes me sick to think about it. You know what I mean? Like the old saying goes, If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.

14 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 am

thejoker

And also, even if it sounds convincing, do have a second look at it. Because people now kow many do not fall for extremely unbelievable offrs and try to make a reasonable offer that can convince you. When you feel you never had to get something..dont be greedy to take it till you can reason out with why you might have got it!

15 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:28 am

mirazarafat

Wow this is a very informative post. Thanks.

16 Re: How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 am

mirazarafat

Very good post I live it. Thanks for the post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum