BrandFiesta - a Social Web Directory & Blog

Free Advertising , Web Directory, Article Submissions , and Guest Blogging

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Cross Stitch

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to Cross Stitch on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:36 pm

RLFinNash

How to Cross-Stitch

Cross stitching is a very beautiful hobby. Learning how to cross stitch is fairly easy to learn. The designs for cross stitch are almost endless. From flowers, wildlife, landscapes to covered bridges, there is a pattern for the picture that suits your style.

The first thing that should be decided when cross stitching is what pattern to use. After the pattern is chosen, then it is time to decide which count and color of cross stitch material to choose from. Cross stitch needles and the necessary cross stitch thread, according to the pattern, will be needed to complete the cross stitch picture. A needlework hoop provides ease in finishing the cross stitch picture.

Now that you have all of the necessary supplies for your cross stitch picture, it is time to start counting and deciding where to put your first X on your cross stitch material. After figuring where to start your cross stitch design, look at the cross stitch pattern and see what color of cross stitch thread that you will need. Thread the cross stitch needle, not tying a knot at the end of the thread, and start cross stitching. Hold the loose end of the thread across and behind the cross stitch material to secure the cross stitch thread in place.

Once that you start on your beautiful cross stitch design, you will not want to put it down. Good lighting helps out a lot in the process of cross stitching. When that you have completed your cross stitch picture, you can either choose to frame your finished piece of art yourself, you can take it to a local arts and crafts store, or you also have the option of taking a class at a local arts and crafts store to have an instructor show you how to frame your finished piece of beautiful cross stitch.

2 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:51 am

thejoker

My grandma loves to do cross stitching.. she makes beautiful designs and patterns.. I though haven't tried.. Razz Thanks for the wonderful article..

3 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 am

RLFinNash

Your very welcome. After the holidays are over, I will post some of the beautiful cross-stitch pictures that I have made in the past. Too old too see the holes in the material these days.

4 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 am

thejoker

Hmmm thats true.. Lets see those stitches of yours thou..

5 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 am

jatonen

Its good you post this one. Honestly I don't like doing this one but sometimes its necessary to do it.

6 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 am

RLFinNash

I used to cross-stitch almost everyday. I still have like three containers of the cross-stitch thread. Every pattern is different and each one requires a different color or colors.

7 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am

jatonen

RLFinNash wrote:I used to cross-stitch almost everyday. I still have like three containers of the cross-stitch thread. Every pattern is different and each one requires a different color or colors.
I think you enjoyed doing it and most woman really does.

8 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 am

RLFinNash

Yes, I really enjoyed cross-stitching. When you cross-stitch, you need good lighting to see good with.

9 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:04 am

jatonen

RLFinNash wrote:Yes, I really enjoyed cross-stitching. When you cross-stitch, you need good lighting to see good with.
Yeah you really do need good lightning. You know some people are rally good in this part and only few men are interested with this.

10 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:05 am

RLFinNash

My youngest brother used to cross-stitch. He has made some beautiful pictures himself over the years.

11 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:07 am

jatonen

That's great maybe that interest came from your parents or your parents are good in
cross-stitching.

12 Re: How to Cross Stitch on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:25 am

mirazarafat

Thanks for your post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum