BrandFiesta - a Social Web Directory & Blog

Free Advertising , Web Directory, Article Submissions , and Guest Blogging

You are not connected. Please login or register

A different apricot pie

What is you favorite pie?

A different apricot pie I_vote_lcap0%A different apricot pie I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
A different apricot pie I_vote_lcap0%A different apricot pie I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
A different apricot pie I_vote_lcap50%A different apricot pie I_vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
A different apricot pie I_vote_lcap50%A different apricot pie I_vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A different apricot pie Empty A different apricot pie on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 pm

sebastianheloe

sebastianheloe
Pie:
25-30 dried apricots.
2 sheets frozen puff pastry.

Fill:
1 carton (200g) Philadelphia cheese.
1 egg.
1 dl sugar.
1 level teaspoon vanilla.

Also
ca. 1 dl apricot jam.
2-3 tablespoon water.
3-4 tablespoon almond flakes.

Add apricots to soak overnight, or give them a quick boil in a small saucepan and let them sit for (under boil) on a board a few hours. Then carefully pour off all the water so that the apricots are not too soft.
There should only be small and thinly rolled dough in this pie. Thaw the frozen pastry plates at room temperature for ca. 30 minutes.
Roll out one disc at a time on lightly floured surface. Roll out thinly as I said and put the plates together in a flan dish with removable bottom. Cut out the dough that hangs outside the shape. Do you have a high form (4-5 cm), you can fold the dough so that it is double edges. Place a piece of foil under the pie (the form can leak). Mash the room temperature Philadelphia cheese (with a fork) in a bowl with the egg, sugar and vanilla sugar. Whisk or stir the pulp smooth. Everything should be smooth. Pour it into the dough clad shape. Then add the drained apricots pretty close.
Bake pie in oven at 175-200 ° C for 40-50 minutes. It needs quite a long cooking time. Remove the pie and brush on a mixture of apricot jam stirred with water. Sprinkle the flaked almonds and bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Cool down pie and enjoy!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum