BrandFiesta - a Social Web Directory & Blog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrandFiesta - a Social Web Directory & Blog

Free Advertising , Web Directory, Article Submissions , and Guest Blogging

You are not connected. Please login or register

No more babies on planes! Airline Baby Ban

+6
paidtoclickfan
cocacola321
Uploadin
jatonen
Darren.C
InfoBot
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

InfoBot

Malaysia Airlines will be the first major airline to ban babies from the flying in the 1st class section of its aircraft & will extend the ban on its super jumbo, the A380. Malaysia airline's Chief Executive Officer, Tengku Azmil, confirmed the decision in an online Twitter exchange with Australian Business Traveler magazine, in which he said the airline's forthcoming A380 would not have bassinets, the in-flight cribs required for babies to fly in, installed. Parents who wish to fly with Malaysia Airlines' current fleet are restricted to the business and economy cabins, which do have bassinets available. First Airline Baby Ban!

In a discussion with followers on Twitter earlier this month, Azmil said that the decision was a tough call, but "There have been many complaints from 1st class passengers that they spend a lot of money on first class and cannot sleep due to crying infants." When asked by the magazine about the arrangement on board the Airbus A380 (Airline Baby Ban) which Malaysia Airlines will launch next year, Azmil said "We are planning to stick to our current old policy for now."

Because most major airlines make a significant proportion of their income from premium passengers (who tend to be the business type of people who travel alone), it's perhaps unsurprising that the demands of first class passengers are prioritized above those of parents or guardians with infants. In similar news last month, a British travel agency called the Thomson Holidays decided to launch a package called, "Thomson Couples," a vacation experience which guaranteed holiday travelers that there would be no children at their destination.

I wonder what the airlines will ban next, no SNORING no CORPULENT PEOPLE! Twisted Evil

Airline baby ban, how do you feel about that?

http://www.brandfiesta.com

Darren.C

Darren.C

Oh my god, i really have to hang my head in shame over this headline. I just can't understand why this country is making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Suspect

InfoBot

HAHA, this is your native country! How do you feel about the ban? Do you think it is a bit much?

Darren.C

Darren.C

Thankfully it really isn't my native country, but i reside here now. To sum this up i will say and you can quote me on this " This is just rubbish."

jatonen

jatonen

I can't believe they made this kind of policy. Those royal babies are ban as well.

It doesn't make since for me at all.

6No more babies on planes! Airline Baby Ban Empty Recent Update on Airline Ban for Babies Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

InfoBot

Excerpt:

From a business angle, at least, Malaysia Airlines’ strategy appears to be a wise one.
“I don’t think they’re going to end up losing many passengers,” says George Hobica, founder of airfare deals site Airefarewatchdog.com. “In fact, they might stand to gain [some].”
It’s no surprise that being able to guarantee a flight free of babies’ blood-curdling screams is a major selling point--especially for first-class passengers, many of whom don’t bring young children as it is due to high costs. Hobica explains that on international flights, even children who sit in their parents’ laps can be charged 10% of the price of the adult fare. In first class--where long-haul tickets could potentially be upwards of $15,000--that 10% often amounts to a figure too high for parents to justify.
By pushing a no-babies-in-first-class policy, Malaysia Airlines isn’t closing off a major revenue stream, nor is it leaving customers stranded. The airline still allows infants in its coach and business class cabins, where space is more ample.
“First class cabins are very small,” says Hobica. “One baby can ruin [the experience] for the eight or 12 or however many passengers there are there. There’s nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.”
Above all things, Malaysia Airlines is attempting to differentiate itself from its competitors, and in doing so, is giving customers a choice, says Steve Lott, vice president of communications at the Air Transport Association.
“If a customer doesn’t like a certain product or a certain service or a certain airline, the good news is that there are many different airlines to choose from,” he says.
But clearly not everyone is on board with the strategy, with some opposers claiming it’s illegal. Angel Reyes, a civil attorney in Dallas, says he wouldn’t be surprised to see lawsuits filed against the air carrier, though he doubts any of them will go anywhere.
“It’s my opinion that somebody may very well decide to [sue] because that really only takes $300 and a theory,” he says. “I don’t think anyone who would sue Malaysia Airlines would be successful because the airline is a private corporation and they can decide who they want in first class and who they don’t.” Reyes also notes that babies are not a protected class.

Darren.C

Darren.C

Those are nothing more the excuses to justify their actions nothing more. Honestly you can get away with murder if you can spin a statement like that. Gain customers that will be a hoot. Waiting to see if it really pays off for them in the long run.

InfoBot

Yes I am curious, playing the devil's advocate here, but based on what was proposed it does sound like its not that bad of an idea. Have you ever been to the movie theater when there is a baby there??? Hmmmm

Darren.C

Darren.C

Well yes and no for that. There will not be a defined answer to this. I could also pose another question to you what if that baby was Donald trumps baby? Would you dare to say no?

End of the day there are certain things that should and should not be done, but at the very least it has to make some sense. Instead of banning babies why can't they have a different section for them just instead?

If those people really were high fliers they should own their own planes. It is always those who "think" they are rich that make things difficult for the rest.

InfoBot

Thats true, I guess they assume the rich who can afford to pay for a baby to go will just take a chartered flight...

Uploadin

Oh god, how unsmartiness people can be?

Darren.C

Darren.C

That basiclly sums up the state of the world we live in right now. Those who aren't rich want to act like they are. While the really rich ones sit back and laugh at all these news.

13No more babies on planes! Airline Baby Ban Empty ?? Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:25 pm

cocacola321

cocacola321

Leo why

paidtoclickfan

paidtoclickfan

At least they didn't ban babies from airlines completely. Babies probably cry a lot on airplanes and if people sit in first class, they want to relax without being disturbed by crying babies.

InfoBot

That is true ptcfan, im in accord with all the airlines. If I pay premium bucks to ride in a quiet upscale cabin, I expect nothing less.....(welcome to forum btw)

InfoBot

That is true ptcfan, im in accord with all the airlines. If I pay premium bucks to ride in a quiet upscale cabin, I expect nothing less.....(welcome to forum btw)

velvetwings

What I really want to see is a gum-free section. People who can't stop chewing and snapping it for 5 seconds make so much noise.

InfoBot

Lmfao....as soon as that comes into effect a barrage of outrages request will be made and then we will all be inside in a bubble on the plane.

Kobkeaw

Kobkeaw

I fly with Nippon airline and Thai airlines since I am very young because I am the half blood child of THai/Japanese.Since I see this news I feel It is unfair for kids but anyway I know It help steward and air hostage about take caring too.

InfoBot

The ban is only limited to the first class section, so if you do not fly 1st class (business class or premium class) you do not need to worry about this ban.

thejoker

thejoker

Really dumb..whats the sense in saying we ban taking babies along just because they disturb? What if you had to take your baby too someday? Babies crying is natural..there isn't any point in calling it disturbing.. There always will be alternative solution.

jatonen

jatonen

MokuYun wrote:The ban is only limited to the first class section, so if you do not fly 1st class (business class or premium class) you do not need to worry about this ban.
I wonder what is the essence? What if the parents will triple the payment, will they accept it?

wasupkhn

wasupkhn

lol...seriously?? the plan's nice,they are thinking business..cuz if a parents can pay for their baby then obviously then can just also take chartered flight...and also no parents would leave their baby behin so they will bound to take it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum